Spicy vegan chili
olive oil, red wine, 2 cooking onions, 4 cloves of garlic, 2 carrots, 1 green pepper, 1 pepper, 6-10 cremini mushrooms, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 2-3 bird’s eye chillies, habanero pepper sauce, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, chia seeds, 1 cup of cooked kidney beans, 1 cup of cooked black beans.
1) heat the pan with olive oil and add diced onions and chopped garlic. saute until onions are clear.
2) add diced carrots and peppers. cook on over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
3) add diced mushrooms, bird’s eye chillies, two cans of diced tomatoes and half a cup of red wine.
4) add 3-4 tbsp of ground chia seeds (which acts as a thickening agent).
5) add habanero pepper sauce and spices to taste.
6) simmer on low heat for 25 minutes.
7) add cooked kidney beans and black beans.
8) add more spices if necessary.